Genealogy Book Contest
As part of the hunt for more collections of German-American letters, the German Historical Institute is excited to announce the start of a genealogy book contest! If you are interested in contributing your letters, please share some information about your collection with GHI and you’ll be entered to win a package of useful books for researching German-American genealogy. Plus, the larger your collection, the more opportunities you’ll have to win! GHI is pleased to be partnering with two experts, James M. Beidler and Katherine Schober, who are offering their books as prizes in our German-American genealogy book contest.
To enter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org listing:
- your name
- the number of letters in your collection
- any relevant family/personal names
- any available information about the origin(s) and destination(s) of your collection
The number of letters in your collection will determine how many entries it receives. GHI will draw three entries at random and each winner will receive signed copies of three books:
- The Family Tree Historical Atlas of Germany, by James M. Beidler, and
- The Magic of German Church Records and
- Tips and Tricks of Deciphering German Handwriting, both by Katherine Schober.
In addition, we’ll follow up with all entrants to help them share their collections with the German Heritage in Letters project. The first-round deadline for entries is Saturday, October 31!
German Historical Institute